Your Price: $19.99
LG Spectrum 2 - 4G LTE
The LG Spectrum 2 takes everything good about the original LG Spectrum and updates it to a new look, new features, and a new level of excellence. The Spectrum 2 may look a little bulkier than some of its smartphone counterparts, but that extra bulk makes room for more screen and NFC sharing capability. The 4.7" display has a resolution of 720p, and everything on it looks fantastic and well-defined, from text to photos to icons.
There is nothing to complain about with the internal hardware. This Verizon phone works quickly and smoothly with its 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960 chip and 1 GB of RAM. Storage is no problem either, as the phone comes with 16 GBs, with the option to use a microSD card to expand another 32 GBs.
The Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system is on the phone from the get-go, with LG's own user interface on top of it. Verizon includes pre-loaded apps, including a set of Amazon apps for shopping, playing MP3s, and the Kindle. LG also has a few apps of their own: Tag+, which lets you customize your settings based on location, and Quick Memo, for easy note taking.
The front-facing 8-megapixel camera has little to no shutter lag, making it easy to get the exact picture you meant to take. With the variety of camera features on the Spectrum, you can make the most of your photos. For example, you can work with "Cheese Shutter" to automatically take a picture at the sound of people saying "cheese," or use "Time Catch" to take several pictures in a row and then select the best of the bunch. On the 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, you can video chat or take self-portraits. If those self-portraits need touching up, use the "Beauty Shot" feature to even out your skin tone and improve your overall look.
If you've seen those commercials about NFC capability, you'll be excited to try it out on your Spectrum 2. Just tap the phone against another NFC-enabled device, and you can easily share larger files such as videos and music. You can even use your device as a mobile wallet in any store that allows NFC payments. The phone's battery life is also excellent. You can easily go an entire day without needing to charge your phone, although if you're watching a lot of videos or streaming a lot of music, that time will shorten some.
- 5.31" tall, 2.69" wide, and 0.36" thick, fitting comfortable in your hand and weighing in at 5.16 ounces
- 1280 x 720 resolution on an attractive 4.7" display shows detail and vivid colors
- Enjoy the speed of the 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960 chip, with 1 GB of RAM
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich underneath LG's unique graphic user interface
- Take advantage of the microSD slot to increase your storage space from 16 GB to 32 GB
- Watch TV online with lightning fast 4G LTE speeds
- 2,150 mAH battery boasts up to 10 hours of time
- NFC capabilities allow you to tap and share content with your friends and family
- Enjoy the new way to charge with the wireless charging pad - just set your phone down on top of it and let it do the work with no wires or cords
Your Price: $19.99