Your Price: FREE
T-Mobile myTouch Q - Black (also available in White)
The "Q" in T-Mobile myTouch Q stands for "QWERTY," as in the QWERTY keyboard that helps this free phone stand separate from its counterpart, the T-Mobile myTouch. The keyboard is an excellent touch, and the individual keys are spaced out well enough so that even those with larger fingers will not have any trouble using it. Any time you want to return to a virtual keyboard, you don't have to give up typing speed, as Swype comes pre-installed to help you send messages and tweets faster than ever. The phone has a compact 3.5" screen with a resolution of 800 x 400, yielding crystal clear images for everything you look at. The phone has a soft coating that works well for keeping fingerprints off and adds to the comfort of holding it in your hand.
The 1 GB of RAM and 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM 8255 processor keep things moving along smoothly for the phone, and its 4 GB of internal memory storage lets you download all the apps you need. There is no lag or sluggishness as you use the various apps. The battery lasts a respectable length of time, giving you nearly seven hours of constant heavy use before the phone needs to be charged. If you only use your phone occasionally, you can easily go a full day or two on one charge.
The myTouch Q has improved on earlier T-Mobile models with their brand new 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera, designed for video chatting. There is also a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera that you can use to take great pictures. If pictures just are not enough, you can use camera to shoot 720p HD video clips. The phone does not have a lot of photo options, but you are not likely to need them very much anyway, since the picture quality is already good.
Android 2.3.4, known as "Gingerbread," is the operating system on this phone when you first get it. It is one of Android's older operating systems, but it still works perfectly and lets you do all you need to do. Multitask with multiple apps open at the same time and still enjoy a smooth, seamless performance from your phone.
There are several applications pre-loaded on the phone, so from the moment you open the box, you have most of the things you need. The T-Mobile Mall, T-Mobile TV, and Access T-Mobile apps make it easy for you to customize your phone however you want. The Genius feature lets you use voice commands to send and read texts or emails, search the web, and make phone calls. The dictation software is courtesy of Nuance Dragon, so you won't have to spend much time correcting what it writes. It will get it right the first time.
- Dimensions: 4.9" x 2.5" x 0.56", weighing 6.5 ounces - a comfortable fit to hold as you text and type
- 3.5" screen displays your images with clarity and vivid colors
- Your choice of typing methods: four-row QWERTY slide-out keyboard or Swype-enabled virtual keyboard
- Use Genius voice command to safely work your phone on the go
- HSPA+ network speeds provide nearly instant results when you search the web on your browser
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread operating system ensures a smooth user experience when texting, watching movies, or updating contacts
- Customize up to seven home screens with your favorite apps, widgets, and event reminders
- Use SmartShare feature to connect your phone wirelessly to any DNLA-enabled device
- Impressive speaker phone delivers quality sound from across the room
Your Price: FREE